Exocad DentalCAD is a full-featured computer-aided design (CAD) software, designed specifically for the technical workflow in dental laboratories. It allows complete freedom in terms of your working methods, to help you achieve top results at the highest level of efficiency.
Based on over 30 years of experience in the dental industry, Exocad DentalCAD is continuously evolving to become even more adapted to the needs of professionals working in the dental laboratory. That’s why Exocad has its own users’ association.
Exocad DentalCAD has been granted 13 international patents that have contributed to setting new standards for this sector. Its innovative approach makes it an indispensable tool that helps technicians to work quickly and efficiently while still ensuring excellent results.
This article also might be interesting for you: Best Laptops for Dental Students & Professionals
- a full-featured CAD software for dental industry professionals
- available for Windows, Mac OS and Linux operating systems
- Exocad has been granted 13 international patents that have contributed to setting new standards for this sector. Its innovative approach makes it an indispensable tool that helps technicians to work quickly and efficiently while still ensuring excellent results.
Requirements for a Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway laptop
Major Choosing a processor
The Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway software will benefit from a fast processor with multiple cores. The more cores the better.
To determine the best processors for an Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway laptop, you need to know how the software works.
For most purposes, such as creating and modifying orthodontic cases, cutting models and generating treatment plans, we recommend the highest-performing processors that offer at least four cores with a clock speed of 2.8 GHz or higher and a good single-core performance – Intel Core i5-11400H and above is great for this purpose.
Intel Core i5-10500H is a sufficient choice for those who can’t afford more expensive options. It’s a good enough processor for 3D modeling tasks, so it should be sufficient for Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway as well
For those looking for a more powerful laptop, I recommend Intel Core i5-11400H as the minimum option, but there are many other processors that would be suitable for this task. Ryzen 7 2700U is a more powerful processor that offers better multi-core performance at a lower price point than Intel Core i7-11400H – if you’re willing to sacrifice single-core performance it’s worth considering this option as well.
Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway requires a powerful processor with multiple cores (4+) and a high clock speed (2.8 GHz+)
Major Graphics card
Minimum graphics (under $1000)
I know, it sounds bonkers – getting a laptop under $1k for Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway. If you cut enough corners – you can get a cheap notebook for Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway. That could be done by either going for integrated Intel/AMD graphics (far from ideal) or an entry-level dedicated GPU, such as GTX 1650. But that’s fine for small assemblies. I’m not recommending a cheap laptop for Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway, but it’s an option for a very tight budget.
Recommended consumer graphics ($1000 – $2000)
If you can’t go over $2000 – just go for a consumer-grade card. End of discussion. This includes most students, part-time freelancers, and hobbyists. Non-workstation cards are mainly acceptable for general assemblies with basic parts. If you’re looking to spend less than $2000, I recommend these cards:
- RTX 3060
- RTX 3070
any laptop under $1000 is a bad idea for Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway
Major Choosing a memory
Minimum (8 GB)
A great computer with 8 GB RAM is a rare find these days. It’s most likely that it’s old, and the specifications of the laptop are simply not up to date. However, if you’re on a tight budget and you don’t need an up-to-date laptop, 8 GB should be more than enough for Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway.
It’s worth noting that I’ve seen this application running on as little as 4 GB of RAM, but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re looking for a challenge.
Recommended (16 GB)
If you can afford it – go for 16 GB of RAM. 16 GB laptops start at around $650 and they’re ubiquitous in stores. But make sure to pay attention to other components as well: if your budget is limited, focus on the CPU and/or the SSD rather than on RAM.
Best (32 GB)
If you want the best experience with Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway, go for 32 GB of RAM or more. You can find laptops with 32 GB starting at around $1700-$3500 – so no worries about price! And if you have a larger budget, keep in mind that there are laptops with 64GB of RAM available!
- 8 GB is enough for running Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway (but I wouldn’t recommend it)
- 16 GB is recommended for most users (but I’d focus on other components)
- 32 GB is the best choice if you can afford it (but go for 64GB if you can afford it)
Optional requirements for a Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway laptop
Optional Choosing a storage
SSD vs. HDD
SSDs have been in mainstream use for a decade now, and the number of people still using HDDs is steadily dwindling. In this age of cloud computing, video games with massive file sizes, and heavy multitasking – a fast, reliable SSD has become a necessity. In fact, there are many laptops out there that come with only an SSD storage option. But if you’re looking for a laptop to work with Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway, I recommend getting one with an SSD at least 256 GB in size.
How much storage do you need?
The only thing you’ll need is a laptop with enough storage space to hold the installation files for Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway – that’s at least 25 GB worth of space. If you don’t know how much that is – then I suggest getting at least 256 GB of storage space on your laptop. That should be enough to fit the software without any worries. A laptop with 256 GB of storage space will cost anywhere between $500 and $1,870 on average, but most budget-friendly options will be found around $650 or less – if not free on some sites like Costco or Newegg.
- Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway needs at least 25 GB of storage space (minimum)
- 256 GB of storage space is more than enough (recommended)
5 Best Laptops for Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway
Pros and cons
- Superb processor (i5-11400H)
- Sufficient graphics card (RTX 3050)
Pros and cons
- Exceptional memory amount (64GB)
- Spacious 1TB SSD
- Garden-variety processor (Ryzen 5 5600H)
- Not the best graphics card (RTX 3050)
Pros and cons
- Terrific processor (Ryzen 9 5900HX)
- First-class memory amount (64GB)
- So-so graphics card (RTX 3050 Ti)
Pros and cons
- Superb processor (Ryzen 9 5900HS)
- Very good graphics card (RTX 3080)
- Not the best memory amount (16GB)
- Superb graphics card (RTX 3080)
- Sufficient display (15.6 300Hz IPS-level G-Sync)
- Not the best processor (Ryzen 7 5800H)
- First-class processor (Ryzen 9 5900HX)
- Up to the mark display (15.6 360Hz G-Sync)
- Substandard graphics card (RTX 3070)
- No IPS Panel (subpar viewing angles)
Pros and cons
- Superb processor (Ryzen 9 5900HX)
- Splendid graphics card (RTX 3080)
Table of Best Laptops for Exocad DentalCAD 3.0 Galway
|GIGABYTE G5 GD||$750|
|Dell G5 5515||$1050|
|ASUS ROG Strix||$1990|
|ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15||$2350|
|ASUS ROG Strix Scar||$3030|