Lost Ark is an up-and-coming ARPG from Smilegate RPG and Amazon Games. It has been praised by critics and received positive feedback from both streamers and casual players. It’s one of the few games that can give you fun for hours on end without the need to make any serious compromises in terms of the overall performance. Even if you have a relatively low-end laptop with mediocre specs, it’s likely that it can handle Lost Ark with a reasonable FPS. Let’s see what you can expect when you look for a laptop for Lost Ark. Whether you are looking for something inexpensive or ready to splurge, there’s something for everyone on my list. We’ll go over all requirements first, followed by the top budget picks and the ultimate gaming beasts on this list.
This article is longer than the rest, so let’s jump right into it!
- Lost Ark is an up-and-coming ARPG from Smilegate RPG and Amazon Games
- The game has been praised by critics and received positive feedback from both streamers and casual players
- If you have a relatively low-end laptop with mediocre specs, it’s likely that it can handle Lost Ark with a reasonable FPS
Requirements for a Lost Ark laptop
Major Choosing the right graphics card for Lost Ark
Minimum graphics (under $800)
Integrated graphics modules – like those baked into the processor – have no hope of running Lost Ark. These are an option only if your budget is as limited as your patience.
A step above these is entry-level AMD and Nvidia dedicated graphics cards. They offer a clear advantage over integrated modules and can provide playable performance for gamers with lower expectations in visuals. For example, GTX 1650 with its 45 FPS on medium settings can hold its own in most cases, but it’s far from the recommended options for gaming on Lost Ark.
Recommended graphics ($800 – $1600)
The Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti and AMD Radeon RX 5600M offer higher performance and more flexibility than the entry-level GPUs mentioned above. With these, we can comfortably enjoy Lost Ark with 60 FPS on high settings.
Best graphics ($1600 and up)
For those who want nothing but the best, I recommend RTX 2070, RTX 3070, and especially RTX 3080. These cards are able to deliver great performance while also having enough horsepower to work well with high refresh rate panels such as 144Hz screens. Expect ~130 FPS on ultra settings with Full HD resolution.
- GTX 1650 – 45 FPS on medium settings
- GTX 1660 Ti – 60 FPS on high settings
- RTX 2070, RTX 3070, and especially RTX 3080 – ~130 FPS on ultra settings
Major Deciding on a memory
Minimum (8 GB)
When it comes to Lost Ark, I think 8GB RAM is a bare minimum. That’s enough for any single-player campaign and nothing more. Anything else will require you to constantly fight the laptop, while putting too much strain on your processor and graphics card.
Recommended (16 GB)
My advice? Get 16GB of RAM – that’s plenty for all your usual needs: gaming, streaming, running Windows, browsing the web with many tabs open, etc. If you want to stream and game at the same time – you should consider going for 32GB or even 64GB. It’ll be a noticeable upgrade in terms of performance and stability.
Best (32 GB)
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what you need from your laptop and how much you’re willing to spend on it. But if I had to choose one thing for an all-around best laptop RAM setup – I’d go with 32GB. It provides enough room for growth and keeps your computer as future-proof as possible.
- Lost Ark is a game that requires 8GB of RAM for running the single player campaign only
- For playing online with friends and running Windows at the same time, 16GB is a good choice, while 32GB or more is ideal for future proofing your laptop setup
- If you want to stream and play Lost Ark at the same time, consider going for 32GB or even 64GB of RAM
Major Picking a good processor
What do you need to play Lost Ark? What is the best laptop processor for playing Lost Ark?
The answer to both questions is the same: you need a decent processor. That’s it. There’s no rocket science involved.
One of the most popular and best-selling game of this year, it’s obvious that more people than ever will be interested in playing Lost Ark on their laptops.
To make sure you have a smooth experience, I recommend picking one of the following processors:
- i3-1115G4 – minimum for HD graphics
- i5-10300H – mid-range for high graphics settings
- i7-11850H – high end for maxed out graphics settings
- play Lost Ark on your laptop, any laptop will do
- i3/i5/i7 processors are enough for high graphics settings
- i7/i9 processors are enough for maxed out graphics settings
Optional requirements for a Lost Ark laptop
Optional My storage recommendations for playing Lost Ark
You’re looking for a storage device to store all your adventures in Lost Ark. There are many storage options available, and we’ve narrowed it down to a few good ones.
Is HDD an option?
Hard drives (HDDs) are cheaper than SSDs but are not as fast. HDDs also take up more space, weigh more, and use more power. For these reasons, we recommend only buying a laptop with an HDD if you’re on a budget.
Picking an SSD
SSDs are very different from HDDs in many ways%20compared%20to%20HDD.). One way is the connection type: SATA vs NVMe. The other way is the performance: read/write speeds and random read/write speeds. Finally, there’s the capacity: 128 GB to 2 TB+. We recommend buying an SSD that’s at least 256 GB in size if you want to install Lost Ark on it and still have enough room for other games or movies.
- hard drives are slower than solid state drives
- buy an SSD if you want to play Lost Ark and still have room for other games or movies
6 Best Laptops for Lost Ark
Also take a look at our other reviews:
- Best Laptop for Elden Ring – Play With Highest FPS (2022)
- Best Laptop for Total War: Warhammer III
- Best Laptop for Evil Dead: The Game in 2022
- Best Laptop for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
- Best Laptop for Babylons Fall
- Best Laptop for Shadow Warrior 3
Table of Best Laptops for Lost Ark
|Lenovo Legion 5||$830|
|Dell XPS 9710||$1140|
|Lenovo Legion 5 Gen||$2100|
|Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen||$3650|
|ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro||$5000|