Roblox is a rising star among PC games. It’s being played by almost 30 million users, from kids to adults. It’s been around for almost a decade and now boasts the user-generated content approach. It’s not quite an RPG with an enormous budget to get all the frills, but you get the idea.
One thing to know about Roblox is that it can be played on all kinds of devices ranging from low-end laptops to top-of-the-line gaming computers. And that’s why I’m here – to help you pick the best gaming laptop for Roblox on any budget.
- Roblox is a rising star among PC games, with over 30 million users
- it can be played on low-end laptops and top-of-the-line gaming computers
Requirements for a Roblox laptop
Roblox is not a demanding game, so any Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processor should do the trick. That said, you’ll need a powerful CPU to take advantage of a high refresh rate screen (say 144Hz). In that case, I recommend opting for an Intel Core i5 or higher – preferably one of the newest Intel’s 8th generation. If you’re looking for a cost-effective solution, I’d also recommend AMD Ryzen 5/7 processors as an alternative.
In my opinion, the best laptops for playing Roblox are the following:
- i3-10110U – bare minimum processor with great value
- i3-1115G4 – a nice upgrade with little extra cost
- i5-1135G7 – top pick with decent performance and affordability
- Roblox is not a demanding game, so any Intel Core i3/i5 processor should do the trick
- the best laptops for playing Roblox are the following: i3-10110U, i3-1115G4, i5-1135G7
Major Graphics card
With that said, choosing the best graphics card for Roblox is not too complicated. Your choice of graphics card doesn’t really matter because Roblox does not use the GPU to do rendering calculations, they use your CPU. You can buy a cheap laptop with integrated graphics for less than $500 or you can spend up to $2000 on a laptop with an RTX 2080 if you want to run other demanding games.
Minimum (8 GB)
When it comes to RAM, 8GB laptops are usually just enough to power your browser, while 16GB should give you enough memory for any work or gaming needs.
If you’re tight on cash, a 16GB laptop should be enough, but that might require upgrading within your warranty period if you run into performance issues.
Recommended (16 GB)
In general, we recommend gamers have at least 16GB of RAM. That’s enough for any work or gaming needs. When it comes to future-proofing, it’s hard to beat 32GB of RAM – especially when you consider how much more demanding games have become over the years.
Best (32 GB)
For an optimal experience with Roblox, we recommend going with 32GB of RAM on your laptop. If you’re serious about your games and willing to spend a little extra cash – then a higher end laptop is worth looking into as well.
8GB is the minimum, 16GB is recommended, 32GB is best for gaming and future proofing
Optional requirements for a Roblox laptop
The choice of laptop storage is not as straightforward as you might think. You can’t just blindly pick any old hard drive and expect it to be good enough for playing Roblox.
Is HDD an option?
It’s been proven time and time again that a traditional hard drive cannot compete with the performance of an SSD. There are a lot of variables at play, but I’ll spare you from a detailed explanation and stick to the basics. A hard drive will have a lot more moving parts, which makes it slower and more prone to malfunctions. On top of that, a traditional hard drive will spin at a constant rate regardless of what you’re doing with it – it can’t be turned off or tuned down like an SSD can.
But don’t despair! There’s one use case where an HDD is actually preferred over an SSD – if you’re going for the cheapest possible laptop without any other demands. The cost difference between these two storage types is substantial, so don’t be discouraged if your budget is tight – you should still get a decently fast storage that’s more than enough for playing Roblox or browsing Facebook.
Picking an SSD
There are plenty of other cases where going for a traditional hard drive is a viable option – just not for gaming laptops used to play Roblox. If your computer doesn’t have other needs beyond storing the game and general applications, then there’s no reason to invest in expensive hardware like an SSD. The performance difference will be negligible at best, and you’ll save some money on the initial purchase (or spend it on upgrading another part).
But what about buying something in between? Maybe this is your first gaming laptop and you want to make sure it lasts longer than the next two years? Well, we’re not really looking for speed here – we’re looking for storage space! That’s why we recommend going with 256 GB SSD (that’s twice as much as what you need) and 1TB HDD (that’s twice as much as what you need). This way, you’ll have enough space for Roblox now and even in the future when those games take up 2 TB or more per installation.
I’ve mentioned how gaming laptops are easy to upgrade earlier on in this article, but I’ll mention it again: storage upgrades are straightforward and affordable compared to most other parts in these computers. Apart from popping in a new solid state drive
- if you’re going for Roblox, go for an SSD!
- SSD is more expensive than HDD, but it’s worth it!
Roblox is not graphically demanding
- You are not likely to need a high refresh rate
- It’s always best to judge by reviews
Choosing the best laptop display for playing Roblox is all about finding what you value most. There are two broad factors that will be pivotal in your decision: whether you want an affordable or expensive laptop, and whether you value graphics or framerate.
Affordable vs expensive laptops
A budget laptop will have an LCD panel, whereas a premium laptop will have an IPS panel. TN panels tend to offer higher framerates and lower response times, but they’re usually less vibrant and more reflective. IPS panels offer better color accuracy and viewing angles, but usually lower framerates and higher response times. For the sake of this guide – I’ll say it’s worth paying a little extra for an IPS panel if you’re going for an expensive laptop. TN is best for cheaper models with less emphasis on aesthetics.
- Roblox is not graphically demanding, so you don’t need a high refresh rate display
- Budget laptops are likely to have TN panels, while premium laptops are likely to have IPS panels
- If you’re going for an expensive laptop, it’s worth paying a little extra for an IPS panel. TN is best for cheaper models with less emphasis on aesthetics.
5 Best Laptops for Roblox
Pros and cons
- Great processor (i5-10200H)
- Terrific graphics card (RTX 3050)
- Garden-variety memory amount (8GB)
- Heavy (4.1 lbs)
- Solid display (15.6 OLED)
- Up to the mark memory amount (16GB)
- Unremarkable processor (i5-1135G7)
- Unexceptional graphics card (Iris Xe Graphics G7 80EUs)
- Competent processor (Ryzen 7 4700U)
- Awesome display (13.3 IPS Touch)
- Middle-of-the-road graphics card (Radeon RX Vega 7)
- Run-of-the-mill memory amount (8GB)
Pros and cons
- Solid processor (Ryzen 7 5800H)
- First-class graphics card (RTX 3050 Ti)
- No IPS Panel (worse viewing angles)
Pros and cons
- Great processor (Ryzen 7 5800H)
- Exceptional memory amount (128GB)
- Weighty (5.4 lbs)
- No IPS Panel (worse contrast)
Pros and cons
- Terrific processor (i7-11800H)
- Good graphics card (RTX 3060)
- Heavy (5.1 lbs)
Pros and cons
- Splendid display (15.6 240Hz IPS)
- First-class memory amount (64GB)
- Ordinary processor (i7-12700H)
- Ordinary graphics card (RTX 3060)
Table of Best Laptops for Roblox
|Dell XPS 9710||$1140|
|Dell XPS 9710||$1410|
|Acer Predator Helios 300||$1840|