The third installment of the series, Hitman 3 brings a lot of new changes, namely in-game mechanics and visuals. Despite all of this, it maintains its minimalist stealth mechanics, somewhat similar to how Hitman: Absolution turned out.
Are you the target demographic for the game? Are you someone who likes to spend hours preparing their next hit? If you are, I think it’s time we figure out which laptop will work best for you. Given that you’ve picked up this article for that exact purpose, I think I can guess that you’re on a tight budget. That’s why I’ve decided to narrow down our options to laptops under $1,000. I’m also going to cover the 10 best laptops for playing Hitman 3 if your budget is bigger than that (more on that later). As always, the first thing we need to do is make sure our machine can run it. And then, of course – review some laptops on the market right now.
Requirements for a Hitman 3 laptop
When it comes to choosing the best laptop RAM for playing Hitman 3. There is a bare minimum you should start from – 8 GB.
Laptops have a very similar setup when it comes to memory. So your choice will be mostly dictated by other components, such as the processor or graphics card. In our case, let’s focus on what you should do when choosing RAM for a gaming laptop.
Minimum (8-16 GB)
In the past few years, 16 GB was enough for most laptops to run games smoothly without any serious stuttering or loading screens. However, this year’s big releases seem to have a much higher system requirement. And this is where 8GB laptops get a little bit problematic – even if they’re enough for everyday tasks, they may not cut it when it comes to gaming.
Recommended (16 GB)
With that said, I’d recommend 16 GB of RAM for playing games like Hitman 3. There are exceptions of course – if you’re on an exceptionally tight budget and could buy an extra stick later on; or if you don’t mind that your system will be behind the pack by about one generation of game releases. But if you want your machine to stay relevant in years to come – 16 GB is not enough anymore.
- when it comes to memory, you’re in a tough spot when choosing for a gaming laptop, as the game does not require a minimum amount of RAM, and there is no set recommended amount
- if you want your machine to stay relevant in years to come, I’d recommend 16 GB of RAM for playing games like Hitman 3
Major Graphics card
Minimum graphics (under $1000)
If you have a limited budget, you can purchase a GeForce GTX 1650 for playing Hitman 3. These cards will be able to play the game on low settings without any major performance issues. You may experience some lag but it should not be unbearable.
Recommended graphics ($1000 – $1600)
If you are willing to spend more money on your graphics card, then it is worth it to get a better card like the GeForce RTX 2070. This card should allow you to play Hitman 3 on medium settings with no problems whatsoever.
Best graphics ($1600 and up)
The best option for playing Hitman 3 is the RTX 3070. This card should allow you to play Hitman 3 on ultra settings without any performance issues whatsoever.
- under $1000: GeForce GTX 165
- $1000 – $1600: GeForce RTX 2070
- $1600 and up: GeForce RTX 3070
It’s a well-known fact that a high-end processor is an essential element for a powerful gaming laptop. But what should you get if you don’t have a budget for the latest Intel Core i9 or AMD Ryzen 9?
However, it’s worth noting that not all games are created equal. In some cases, AMD processors can hold their own against Intel’s offerings. In other cases, the two companies are at opposite ends of the spectrum. That’s why it’s crucial to identify your needs and expectations from a gaming laptop.
In Hitman 3, framerate drops are uncommon even on medium settings, so a mid-range processor will do just fine.
Given the few options, this might be the easiest question of this article: “What should I get?” You could get anything from Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 and up – and you’ll still get satisfactory performance in Hitman 3.
But if you want to play with ultra settings without risking any framerate drops, you’ll need an Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 processor. And if you’re seeking out-of-the-box optimization for the latest games – an Intel Core i9 or AMD Ryzen 9 is your best bet.
As I said before, getting anything from Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 and up will be enough for playing Hitman 3 with high graphics settings and occasional stutter only when too many AI characters populate the screen. But what about an additional $500? What should we invest in? Personally, I’d recommend going for an Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 processor (Core i7 if you care about ultra settings; Ryzen 7 if GPU power is your top priority).
- in most cases, a high-end processor is a must for a powerful gaming laptop
- AMD processors can hold their own against Intel’s offerings in some games
- in other games, Intel processors are better optimized for the latest games
- if you’re after an optimized experience, get an Intel Core i9 or AMD Ryzen 9 processor
Optional requirements for a Hitman 3 laptop
Now, let’s talk about SSDs. If you’ve never had the pleasure of hearing about them before, it’s time to change that. Today we’ll go over the best storage for playing Hitman 3.
Is HDD an option?
Sure, HDDs are still viable options – but they are less so than before. It all boils down to the type of game you’re playing and what kind of experience you want to have. For example, Hitman 3 is a game that requires lots of loading screens – it’s better off with a fast SSD than a HDD.
Picking an SSD
It can be tough picking out an SSD because there are so many options available now – not just in terms of storage size but also in terms of connection speed (SATA vs NVMe). However, these specifications don’t make too much of a difference in terms of gaming performance. That said, if you’re after best performance possible, then NVMe is the way to go. It offers three times the performance over SATA connections at a comparable price point.
If you’re more concerned about total storage space rather than performance, then just go with whichever has more GBs at your desired price point and forget about all this technical mumbo-jumbo. This is especially true if you plan on storing a lot of multimedia files on your laptop – music and movies take up a lot more space than games do.
At every price range, storage is more expensive than most other laptop specs – so always prioritize which features matter most to you first and foremost. When buying a laptop for less than $1000, expect it to come with a 128GB or 256GB SSD only as the entry-level storage option for Windows 10 OS and applications/games combined. 512 GB is more common on laptops from $1000-$1500 range as the base drive configuration for games alone or as part of a combo deal with 1TB HDD as secondary storage for general purpose files like music and movies etc., going up from there on laptops from $1500-$2500 range onwards until finally topping out at 2TB on laptops from $2500+ ranges with best possible connections speed (NVMe). The majority of gamers should be
- if you’re looking for the best gaming performance, get an NVMe SSD for your laptop
- if you’re more concerned about total storage space rather than performance, then just go with whichever has more GBs at your desired price point and forget about all this technical mumbo-jumbo. This is especially true if you plan on storing a lot of multimedia files on your laptop – music and movies take up a lot more space than games do.
In most cases, high refresh rates are unnecessary for Hitman 3. There are some exceptions, but I would recommend looking at other laptop features instead of an unneeded high refresh rate display. For example, there’s nothing wrong with staying on 60Hz if you want to save money and don’t mind some screen tearing – it will get the job done just fine.
With an affordable laptop that comes with an IPS display – response time won’t be an issue. TN panels may have slightly faster response times – but the difference is minuscule and not worth spending more money on.
For playing Hitman 3, FHD is enough, and higher refresh rates are unnecessary for this game. TN panels have slightly faster response times, but the difference is minuscule and not worth spending more money on.
5 Best Laptops for Hitman 3
Pros and cons
- Good processor (i5-10200H)
- First-class graphics card (RTX 3050)
- Middle-of-the-road memory amount (8GB)
- Solid display (15.6 IPS HDR Touch)
- Adequate memory amount (16GB)
- Mediocre processor (i7-9850H)
- So-so graphics card (Quadro T2000)
- Fair processor (Ryzen 5 4600H)
- Thin (4.4 lbs)
- Unremarkable graphics card (GTX 1650)
- Run-of-the-mill memory amount (8GB)
Pros and cons
- Exceptional processor (Ryzen 7 5800H)
- Up to the mark graphics card (RTX 3050 Ti)
- No IPS Panel (limited viewing angles)
- Fair graphics card (RTX 3050 Ti)
- Sufficient display (15.6 144Hz IPS)
- Underwhelming processor (i7-11370H)
- Ordinary memory amount (32GB)
- Superb processor (Ryzen 7 5800H)
- Terrific memory amount (128GB)
- Underwhelming graphics card (RTX 3050 Ti)
- No IPS Panel (worse viewing angles)
Pros and cons
- Exceptional processor (i7-11800H)
- Up to the mark graphics card (RTX 3060)
- Weighty (5.1 lbs)
Pros and cons
- Exceptional processor (i9-11950H)
- Excellent graphics card (RTX 3080)
Table of Best Laptops for Hitman 3
|Dell XPS 9710||$1140|
|Acer Predator Helios 300||$1840|
|Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen||$3650|
|ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro||$5000|