Right now, the only one question that matters – which laptop to buy for Outriders?
We’re taking a trip to outer space to face unworldly horrors and take back what’s ours. Or we’d like to, if we were able to. Yet, it seems our gear is not powerful enough to run Outriders smoothly. Time to buy a gaming laptop then.
If you’re looking for the best laptop for Outriders, there are two major things you need to be aware of. First – it’s an online-only game with no single-player mode. Second – it’s not exactly what you’d call “heavyweight” either. Outriders is more on the lighter side of things – more on arcade shooter end of the spectrum rather than FPS end of the spectrum. That said, I’ve done my research – best sellers, latest releases, reviews, benchmarks, and more. Now, let’s go over some general laptop requirements first…
- you can play Outriders online with any laptop
- laptops for Outriders should be light and/or powerful
- it’s not necessary to buy a heavyweight laptop for Outriders (you can play it on light laptops)
Requirements for a Outriders laptop
Major My processor recommendations for Outriders
I’m glad you asked. When it comes to playing Outriders, there’s one important thing to know: if you want a good experience, the processor is king.
Now, we need to figure out which processor is powerful enough to meet our needs. To start with, Outriders requires an Intel Core i3-1005G1 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200U at minimum – which are fairly weak processors in my opinion. But there are also other options worth considering if you’re looking for better performance. Intel Core i5-1135G7 or AMD Ryzen 5 3500U are solid options that offer more FPS than i3-1005G1/Ryzen 3 3200U CPUs. I would go as far as recommending them over Core i3-1005G1/Ryzen 3 3200U in case you want to play Outriders with medium graphics settings or higher resolution/refresh rate displays. If you have higher expectations from your laptop when it comes to playing Outriders – I recommend going for an Intel Core i7-1185G7 or AMD Ryzen 7 3700U that can provide even more FPS than Core i5-1135G7/Ryzen 5 3500U models with the same criteria mentioned above.
All in all, what I can recommend right now? If you’re not sure what model to buy – here are my top picks based on price brackets:
- Core i3-1005G1 – budget option; not recommended; max resolution 1920×1080; 60Hz refresh rate; less demanding games
- Core i5-1135G7 – recommended option; max resolution 1920×1080; 60Hz refresh rate; medium demanding games
- Core i7-1185G7 – best option; max resolution 1920×1080; 144Hz refresh rate; high demanding games
if you want a good experience, the processor is king; if you want better performance, choose Intel Core i5/Ryzen 5; if you want even more performance, choose Intel Core i7/Ryzen 7; all of the processors mentioned are more than enough for medium graphics settings or higher resolution/refresh rate displays; processors for high graphics settings and 144Hz+ refresh rate displays are only available for high price brackets (starting from $1000)
Major The best graphics card for Outriders in 2021
With so many considerations for choosing the best laptop graphics cards for playing Outriders, it can be hard to know where to start. Here are my recommendations for the three main price points in the market:
Minimum (under $500)
If you’re on a budget and want to play Outriders, I recommend buying a laptop with an AMD MX450 GPU. These budget GPUs might be lackluster when it comes to gaming, but they can still run Outriders at 20-30 FPS on the medium settings.
Recommended (around $600)
The next category of GPUs is mid-range models such as GTX 1650 Ti and Radeon RX 560X. These GPUs provide a healthy boost in performance from their lower-end counterparts and should offer ~60 FPS on high settings on Full HD. I personally recommend GTX 1650 Ti as it’s more power efficient than RX 560X and performs comparably in this price range. A laptop that packs these specs – ASUS TUF Gaming FX504GM – sells for around $650.
Best (over $700)
The very best laptops for playing Outriders have a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU onboard, which is capable of 80-90 FPS on the highest settings. RTX 3060 offers enough power to make even AAA titles run smoothly on high graphics settings, making it an attractive proposition for demanding gamers who want their games to look beautiful while maintaining a high framerate. In addition, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 has built-in ray tracing capabilities that allow players to see shadows and reflections realistically without sacrificing performance. The downside? It will cost you around $1000-1200.
- Outriders is not particularly demanding and can be played on low settings (20-30 FPS) by budget laptops with AMD MX450 GPUs
- Mid-range models such as GTX 1650 Ti and Radeon RX 560X provide a healthy boost in performance (60 FPS) for Full HD gaming on high settings
- The best laptops for playing Outriders have a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 GPU onboard, which is capable of 80-90 FPS on the highest settings
Major Memory for playing Outriders
Outriders is a game that’s heavy on the graphics, which means that you need to focus on the CPU and GPU, but not at the expense of neglecting the RAM.
Minimum (8 GB)
It’s not uncommon for people with 8GB laptops to switch over their RAM stick so they can get an extra gigabyte or two while their laptop is still under warranty – and this doesn’t hurt performance in any way whatsoever if you change ram sticks one at a time, not all at once. With that said, I’d recommend 8GB for an Outriders gaming laptop just in case your laptop turns out to be an exception and has very high requirements for its RAM configuration – although that doesn’t happen too often these days.
Recommended (16 GB)
If you don’t want to go with 8GB and if you’re okay with an occasional lag spike every now and then – 16GB will do you good. You can get away with 12GB or even 8GB if you’re more careful about closing all tabs and processes before starting Outriders; plus 16GB should be enough for most games for some time yet (unless there’s some major breakthrough in game development).
Best (32 GB)
But if you’re looking for a little bit of future-proofing – 32GB is the way to go. It’s an easy upgrade, so if you have the money to spare, I say go for it. Sure, you might not need all that extra memory right now, but who knows what’ll happen in the future? We’re talking about gaming laptops here – they tend to last less than desktop PCs. And this will ensure that your new laptop won’t be obsolete in a few years because of its measly 8GB.
Optional requirements for a Outriders laptop
Optional Choosing the right storage for Outriders
Hey, Outrider-saurus. This is not a joke, but it is something to take seriously. As much as you don’t want to know, SSDs are your best bet. You can get away with a 250 GB drive if you’re good with storage management, but the bare minimum for this game would be 256 GB.
Picking an SSD
The bigger the better – if you’re an avid gamer, it might be worth considering spending extra money on a more spacious drive. But make sure to buy one that supports faster M.2 NVMe connection – it’ll improve loading times for Outriders and other games alike.
The price for SSDs is not something you should worry about. If you’re getting a laptop that has an SSD, then it’s already an expensive purchase. Plus, there are plenty of good deals out there if you know where to look. And in case you’re in need of some extra cash – remember, it’s much easier to upgrade storage than the other components in your computer.
And when the time comes to upgrade, no worries! Outriders takes up only 70 GB of space, so it’ll be easy to clear out old games and apps for more room. This is also an opportunity to give the rest of your computer a facelift – get rid of old programs and old files that are taking up space.
But the question remains – will it be worth upgrading? The answer is always yes!
- buy an SSD if you’re getting a laptop that has an SSD, otherwise go for a HDD. Or just get an SSD. It’s the future.
- the bigger the better – get a spacious drive if you’re an avid gamer. You’ll be happy you did. And if you need some extra cash – upgrade storage when you can. It’s much easier than upgrading other components in your computer.
- when upgrading, it’ll be easy to clear out old games and apps for more room. You can also give the rest of your computer a facelift – get rid of old programs and old files that are taking up space. But don’t worry – it’ll be worth it!
Optional How to choose the right display for Outriders?
Outriders looks good, but competitive shooters are about high FPS and fast response time. What’s the difference? Higher framerates mean smoother motion and less latency. In a nutshell, high framersates provide a competitive edge in Outriders. So I recommend a laptop with Full HD or higher resolution display.
In competitive shooters, the benefits of a high refresh rate display are substantial. A high refresh rate helps in games where input lag is a major factor – in this case, a good option is a 120Hz or 240Hz display. But if you’re going for framerate consistency and an excellent response time – 144Hz is your best bet.
A low response time ensures smooth gameplay with no lag. But it’s not an absolute requirement. Competitive gamers will want to prioritize this metric, but it’s not critical for everyone.
- Outriders is a competitive shooter
- high FPS and low response time are required for competitive play
- you need a Full HD or higher resolution display for fast gameplay
5 Best Laptops for Outriders
Pros and cons
- Fair processor (i5-10200H)
- Excellent graphics card (RTX 3050)
- Middle-of-the-road memory amount (8GB)
- Heavy (4.1 lbs)
- Splendid display (15.6 IPS HDR Touch)
- Decent memory amount (16GB)
- Mediocre processor (i7-9850H)
- Decent processor (Ryzen 5 4600H)
- Light-weight (4.4 lbs)
- Ordinary graphics card (GTX 1650)
- Middle-of-the-road memory amount (8GB)
Pros and cons
- Superb processor (Ryzen 7 5800H)
- Good graphics card (RTX 3050 Ti)
- No IPS Panel (worse viewing angles)
Pros and cons
- First-class processor (Ryzen 7 5800H)
- Solid memory amount (128GB)
- Heavy (5.4 lbs)
- No IPS Panel (limited viewing angles)
- Exceptional processor (Ryzen 7 5800H)
- Great graphics card (RTX 3070)
- Middle-of-the-road memory amount (32GB)
- Bulky (5.3 lbs)
Pros and cons
- Superb display (15.6 240Hz IPS)
- Very good memory amount (64GB)
- Average processor (i7-12700H)
- Ordinary graphics card (RTX 3060)
Table of Best Laptops for Outriders
|Dell XPS 9710||$1140|
|Dell XPS 9710||$1410|
|Acer Predator Helios 300||$1840|