How to choose the right processor for The Day Before?
To achieve a high framerate, you'll need a powerful processor. Even if your laptop has a powerful GPU, it won't be able to compensate for an insufficient CPU. And we all know that the faster your framerate, the smoother your gameplay will be. But how much power do you need?
To answer this question, we need to know what The Day Before's system requirements are. Fortunately, the game's **[Steam page has all the info]
So which one should I buy? There are many good options to choose from – which one will suit me best? With so many good choices, choosing the best laptop processors for playing The Day Before can be hard work! Luckily, I'm here to help:
- Ryzen 5 3500U – if you're on a budget or you're happy with lower resolutions/refresh rates
- i5-10300H – perfect for gamers looking for medium settings
- i7-11850H – one of the best performing on high settings
Picking a good graphics card
Bare minimum (under $1000)
If you have a tight budget, then the bare minimum graphics card is – GTX 1650. The first piece of advice I can give you is to not buy a laptop with integrated graphics if you are looking to play games. These modules are typically found in laptops with lower specs and price tags. You can probably guess that they're not a viable option for playing The Day Before.
Recommended graphics ($1000 – $1600)
My recommendation for playing The Day Before with at least some degree of visual fidelity is to purchase a RTX 3050. These cards deliver an acceptable 45 FPS on the high settings, which is enough to meet the recommended requirements for The Day Before.
Best graphics ($1600 and up)
As the name suggests, these graphics cards are in the best category for playing The Day Before. I have picked out RTX 2060, RTX 3070, and RTX 3080. For all 3 cards, expect to be able to run the game at 70 FPS on the highest settings with no issues.
- you need a good graphics card to play The Day Before
- GTX 1650 is a bare minimum graphics card
- RTX 3050 is a good choice for playing The Day Before on high settings
- RTX 2060, RTX 3070, and RTX 3080 are the best choices for playing The Day Before on ultra settings
The right memory
The Day Before is a demanding game, requiring at least 10 GB of RAM. When it comes to your laptop, that means you should aim for at least 16 GB. The best laptop for The Day Before would have 32 GB of RAM.
Minimum (16 GB)
The Day Before requires at least 10 GB of RAM, so if you're running a computer with less than 16GB of RAM, it won't be enough. If you're currently in the market for a new laptop and are considering getting one with less than 16GB of RAM, I'd advise against it – it's not worth the price difference.
Recommended (32 GB)
If you want to be on the safe side and avoid potential issues, 32GB is the recommended amount of RAM to get your hands on. If you're not a gamer or someone who spends hours browsing the web or streaming video content, 32GB will do just fine. You might even be able to go lower than that, but I wouldn't recommend it – the price difference between 16GB and 32GB is minimal when compared to the problems and hassle that can arise from running out of memory halfway through a game session or during an intensive work day.
Best (64 GB)
And if money isn't an issue? Get yourself a 64GB model! While more expensive than anything else we've talked about so far, this will ensure you never run out of memory again – which is exactly what we want when playing The Day Before.
The best storage for The Day Before in 2022
Good news, ladies and gentlemen. As we speak, you can pick up a laptop with enough storage space for The Day Before – 40 GB to be precise. That's enough to make the game work, but it's not much room for anything else. So we're going to need an SSD with at least 256 GB of space – that should do it.
The other specs
I know what you're thinking – what about other important components? The answer is simple: if you want the best performance in any area, be prepared to sacrifice on storage space. That's how things work in this world. And if your wallet is tight – get a laptop with more storage than necessary and upgrade later. In this case, 256 GB will do for a few months at least, until the game patches and updates stop releasing.
But if you want the best possible gaming experience in all aspects, I recommend going for 512 GB of storage or more. You'll have plenty of room for The Day Before and games of similar size without sacrificing performance in any other department.
Here are some recommendations on which laptops to get:
- If you're willing to spend over $1000 and don't care about mobility or portability – go ahead and get one with 1 TB of storage. There are plenty of such models out there; just look around and find one that suits your needs best. I mean, they're so portable anyway…right?
- If you care about mobility but still want decent storage capacity – we recommend getting a laptop with 512 GB SSD and no HDD option at all. That should provide you with ample space for your games library without eating into the already limited battery life too much.
- If you have trouble deciding between those two options, we recommend looking for a laptop with 1 TB SSD plus an additional hard drive slot (if it's available). Then either buy a second HDD yourself or wait until you need more space for new games and switch them out when the time comes (no worry about data loss because hard drives have different system requirements).
- if you care about mobility but still want decent storage capacity, we recommend getting a laptop with 512 GB SSD and no HDD option at all
What is the game The Day Before?
The Day Before is a post-apocalyptic online survival game where you are fighting for resources, crafting gear and building a base to survive in a dangerous world.
Can you play The Day Before on a laptop?
Yes, you can play The Day Before on a laptop. However, you should make sure that your laptop meets the minimum system requirements.
What are the system requirements for The Day Before?
The Day Before requires at least an Intel Core i5-10300H processor or AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor, 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB of storage space, and either a GTX 1650 or RTX 2060 for graphics.
Can The Day Before run on Intel HD Graphics?
Unfortunately, no. The Day Before requires at least an entry-level discrete graphics card from Nvidia or AMD.
Is The Day Before worth playing on laptop?
Absolutely! If you have a laptop with the required specs, you can enjoy a great gaming experience with The Day Before.
What laptops can run The Day Before?
We recommend the Acer Swift X SFX14-42G-R607, Lenovo ThinkPad P15, HP Victus 15, ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14, Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-7583, GIGABYTE AORUS 15 XE4, Dell XPS 17 9720, GIGABYTE A5 K1, HP Victus 15, Acer Predator Triton 500 and HP Victus 15t.
Does The Day Before have good performance on a laptop?
It depends on the specifications of your laptop. Generally, laptops with higher specs and performance will run The Day Before better than laptops with lower specs and performance.
How to optimize The Day Before for laptop?
You can optimize The Day Before for your laptop by adjusting the game settings to suit the capabilities of your system. Adjust the resolution and other graphics settings such as draw distance, shadows and textures to reduce the strain on your laptop's GPU.
How to find laptop for The Day Before?
You can use our recommendations table to find laptops suitable for The Day Before. We suggest looking at models that meet the minimum requirements and choosing one that fits your budget.
Can I run The Day Before with 8GB RAM?
Yes, you can run The Day Before with 8GB RAM, but it is recommended to have at least 16GB RAM for the best experience.
6 Best Laptops for The Day Before
Pros and cons
- Robust performance for gaming and productivity
- Affordable for a gaming laptop
- Subpar display and webcam
- Short battery life
- Solid productivity performance
- Inexpensive for a gaming laptop
- Display and webcam could be better
- Single-channel RAM in our review unit
Pros and cons
- Great Price-Performance Ratio
- Multiple Storage Options
- Cheap-Feeling Build Quality
- High Emissions Under Load
- Good Performance for Productivity Needs
- Reasonably Priced
- Poor Quality Display and Webcam
- High Pre-Installed Software Count
Pros and cons
- Affordable price tag
- Wide array of ports
- Sub-par battery life
- Plain design
- Solid performance with an 8-core Ryzen 7 CPU and RTX 3050 Ti graphics
- Attractive 1080p screen
- No card reader
- Sub-optimal keyboard
Pros and cons
- Bright and vibrant 240-Hz display
- Robust aluminum case
- Soldered-in RAM
- Fan noise and warm palm rest
- Vivid 120 Hz QHD Display
- Sleek and Compact Design
- Could Benefit from More VRAM
- Variable Performance Modes
Pros and cons
- Bright, Responsive 165Hz Display
- Broad Color Palette
- High Power Consumption
- No Card Reader
- QHD resolution display
- Impressive system performance
- Below-average battery life
- No memory card reader
Pros and cons
- Stunning 4K display with AdobeRGB
- Top-notch construction
- Lower graphics performance than the predecessor
- Not the most reliable under high loads
- Powerful CPU and GPU for demanding tasks.
- Solid construction and ergonomic keyboard.
- Bulky and heavy.
- Poor viewing angles on base display.
Table of the Best Laptops for The Day Before
|HP Victus 15||$740|
|GIGABYTE A5 K1||$790|
|HP Victus 15t||$900|
|Acer Predator Triton 500||$1200|
|GIGABYTE AORUS 15 XE4||$1750|
|Dell XPS 17 9720||$6000|