The Day Before is an open-world MMO survival set in a deadly, post-pandemic America overrun by flesh-hungry infected and survivors killing each other for food, weapons, and cars. The game lets you scavenge the open world, loot resources, build whatever you want and make new friends to share your adventures with.
I’d just like to say – Day Before is absolutely gorgeous. Now about the requirements! What I’m going to cover below is essentially all the factors you should consider when picking your next laptop for gaming! The game really needs nothing too fancy, so if you’re looking for a laptop with The Day Before specifications, you should be good with any of the laptops mentioned below.
The Day Before is an open-world MMO survival set in a deadly, post-pandemic America overrun by flesh-hungry infected and survivors killing each other for food, weapons, and cars.
Requirements for a The Day Before laptop
Major How to choose the right processor for The Day Before?
To achieve a high framerate, you’ll need a powerful processor. Even if your laptop has a powerful GPU, it won’t be able to compensate for an insufficient CPU. And we all know that the faster your framerate, the smoother your gameplay will be. But how much power do you need?
To answer this question, we need to know what The Day Before’s system requirements are. Fortunately, the game’s [Steam page has all the info](https://store.steampowered.com/app/1372880/The_Day_Before/).
So which one should I buy? There are many good options to choose from – which one will suit me best? With so many good choices, choosing the best laptop processors for playing The Day Before can be hard work! Luckily, I’m here to help:
- Ryzen 5 3500U – if you’re on a budget or you’re happy with lower resolutions/refresh rates
- i5-10300H – perfect for gamers looking for medium settings
- i7-11850H – one of the best performing on high settings
Major Picking a good graphics card
Bare minimum (under $1000)
If you have a tight budget, then the bare minimum graphics card is – GTX 1650. The first piece of advice I can give you is to not buy a laptop with integrated graphics if you are looking to play games. These modules are typically found in laptops with lower specs and price tags. You can probably guess that they’re not a viable option for playing The Day Before.
Recommended graphics ($1000 – $1600)
My recommendation for playing The Day Before with at least some degree of visual fidelity is to purchase a RTX 3050. These cards deliver an acceptable 45 FPS on the high settings, which is enough to meet the recommended requirements for The Day Before.
Best graphics ($1600 and up)
As the name suggests, these graphics cards are in the best category for playing The Day Before. I have picked out RTX 2060, RTX 3070, and RTX 3080. For all 3 cards, expect to be able to run the game at 70 FPS on the highest settings with no issues.
- you need a good graphics card to play The Day Before
- GTX 1650 is a bare minimum graphics card
- RTX 3050 is a good choice for playing The Day Before on high settings
- RTX 2060, RTX 3070, and RTX 3080 are the best choices for playing The Day Before on ultra settings
Major The right memory
The Day Before is a demanding game, requiring at least 10 GB of RAM. When it comes to your laptop, that means you should aim for at least 16 GB. The best laptop for The Day Before would have 32 GB of RAM.
Minimum (16 GB)
The Day Before requires at least 10 GB of RAM, so if you’re running a computer with less than 16GB of RAM, it won’t be enough. If you’re currently in the market for a new laptop and are considering getting one with less than 16GB of RAM, I’d advise against it – it’s not worth the price difference.
Recommended (32 GB)
If you want to be on the safe side and avoid potential issues, 32GB is the recommended amount of RAM to get your hands on. If you’re not a gamer or someone who spends hours browsing the web or streaming video content, 32GB will do just fine. You might even be able to go lower than that, but I wouldn’t recommend it – the price difference between 16GB and 32GB is minimal when compared to the problems and hassle that can arise from running out of memory halfway through a game session or during an intensive work day.
Best (64 GB)
And if money isn’t an issue? Get yourself a 64GB model! While more expensive than anything else we’ve talked about so far, this will ensure you never run out of memory again – which is exactly what we want when playing The Day Before.
Optional requirements for a The Day Before laptop
Optional The best storage for The Day Before in 2022
Good news, ladies and gentlemen. As we speak, you can pick up a laptop with enough storage space for The Day Before – 40 GB to be precise. That’s enough to make the game work, but it’s not much room for anything else. So we’re going to need an SSD with at least 256 GB of space – that should do it.
The other specs
I know what you’re thinking – what about other important components? The answer is simple: if you want the best performance in any area, be prepared to sacrifice on storage space. That’s how things work in this world. And if your wallet is tight – get a laptop with more storage than necessary and upgrade later. In this case, 256 GB will do for a few months at least, until the game patches and updates stop releasing.
But if you want the best possible gaming experience in all aspects, I recommend going for 512 GB of storage or more. You’ll have plenty of room for The Day Before and games of similar size without sacrificing performance in any other department.
Here are some recommendations on which laptops to get:
- If you’re willing to spend over $1000 and don’t care about mobility or portability – go ahead and get one with 1 TB of storage. There are plenty of such models out there; just look around and find one that suits your needs best. I mean, they’re so portable anyway…right?
- If you care about mobility but still want decent storage capacity – we recommend getting a laptop with 512 GB SSD and no HDD option at all. That should provide you with ample space for your games library without eating into the already limited battery life too much.
- If you have trouble deciding between those two options, we recommend looking for a laptop with 1 TB SSD plus an additional hard drive slot (if it’s available). Then either buy a second HDD yourself or wait until you need more space for new games and switch them out when the time comes (no worry about data loss because hard drives have different system requirements).
- if you care about mobility but still want decent storage capacity, we recommend getting a laptop with 512 GB SSD and no HDD option at all
5 Best Laptops for The Day Before
Pros and cons
- Very good processor (Ryzen 7 5800H)
- Very good graphics card (RTX 3050 Ti)
- No IPS Panel (limited viewing angles)
Pros and cons
- Excellent display (15.6 240Hz IPS)
- First-class memory amount (64GB)
- Not the best processor (i7-12700H)
- Unexceptional graphics card (RTX 3060)
In case you’re wondering, here’s the link to my spreadsheet comparing laptops for The Day Before. It has all the information you need in order to make an informed decision!
Table of Best Laptops for The Day Before
|Dell XPS 9710||$1140|
|Dell XPS 9710||$1410|
|Acer Predator Helios 300||$1840|